Shiatsu was born in 1939 with the release of the first book “Shiatsu Ryoho” by Tenpeki Tamai. One can translate this title to “Therapeutic Shiatsu”. The latter incorporates Chinese theories, anatomy and physiology as well as meridian points and manual finger pressure techniques. In tribute to this book, we named our style Ryoho Shiatsu, “Shiatsu therapy”.
Because of its Japanese origins, Shiatsu includes a very vast and codified curriculum. The Ryoho Shiatsu is as much about finding the roots of this manual art as it is about teaching its evolutions with a specific objective: efficiency. Any technique that is not efficient is not taught.
We have a special interest on the triple way of martial arts, meditation and shiatsu, because they feed each other. That’s why the principles of Ryoho Shiatsu are the same as those of Japanese budo and we focus on the gesture, the posture, the ergonomics in the movement, the mental calm, the breathing, the capacity to slice through (take a decision), knowing how to measure the efficiency with the well-being of the recipient and the letting go. That’s why our ties and relations with Japan are at the heart of the development of Ryoho Shiatsu.
In addition, the Ryoho Shiatsu style is based on the Sky-Man-Earth relationship. This triptych is declined in many aspects such as pressure (slow, medium, fast), depth (light, medium, deep), shiatsu levels (relaxation, energy, therapeutic) or the three heaters, the three spiritual centers ( Dantian), the three energy levels (Qi, Blood, Jing), and so on.
We bring together all practitioners and teachers who wish to spread this Shiatsu approach.
- Shiatsushi body movement and use
- Basics of Meditation, Do-In and Qi Gong
- Kata of Namikoshi, kata sitting massage
- Base of joint manipulations and stretching
- Theories of Yin and Yang and kyo-jitsu
- Study of meridian paths
- Learning different pressures, rhythms and depths
- Study of the points of the 12 main meridians and their therapeutic effects
- Study of organs and their functions according to Chinese medicine
- Theories of Sky-Man-Earth, microcosm-macrocosm and the 5 elements
- TCM: 3 treasures, body fluids
- Observation: postural, face, eye, tongue, feet, pulse
- Listening: body noises, smell, development of the senses of shiatsushi
- Anti-sciatic kata, facial kata
- Treatment of pelvis, shoulders, back, opening of energetic barriers
- Points families: Bo points, Yu points, Gate points, Aborting points, Master points
- Study of the Extraordinary Vessels
- MTC: the 6 layers, deepening of the Triple Heater, the global energy grid
- Study of the visceral psyche (Shen, Hun, Po, Yi, Zhi)
- Leg & Knee Treatment, Feet & Ankles, Neck & Nape, Arms & Hands, Head & Skull
- Development of anamnesis, study of the role of language
- Touch: study of hara, palpation of meridians, control points, deepening of pulse, palpation hands & feet, muscles and tissues, back and reflex zones
- Families of points: Geki, Raku, lower seas, sky windows, ancient Yu points
- Study of Luo meridians
- TCM: causes of diseases, energetic layers of the body, 8 principles, pathogenic factors, principles of treatment, combinatorial points
- Pathology program: digestive disorders, neurology, ENT, gynecology, rheumatology, cardiology, psycho-emotional problems (30 different treatments)
- Study of the spontaneous movement in Shiatsu & energy
- Shiatsu treatment with a scarf
- Study of additional pathologies according to internship opportunities.